We’re evolving into something new
Montreal Saint-Hubert Airport is getting a complete makeover and will now be known as the MET – Montreal Metropolitan Airport.
Because our ambition is to offer:
An easy access for travellers
Strategically located just 15 kilometres from downtown Montreal, the MET – Montreal Metropolitan Airport plans to offer a free electric shuttle service linking the airport to the city centre.
25 destinations available as of 2025
The MET will allow passengers to fly to several new Canadian and regional destinations.
A sustainable airport on a human scale
Designed to adapt to its environment and respect nearby communities, the airport will be intended for quieter, more eco-friendly aircraft.
An airport open to innovation
As a veritable living laboratory, the airport will act as a learning centre for innovation and research. The airport area will propel aerospace development in Greater Montreal.
Greater Montreal finally gets a second airport
Like the world’s biggest cities, Greater Montreal will now boast multiple airports collaborating to enhance the experience of both travellers and citizens.
Thanks to a partnership with Porter Airlines and Macquarie Asset Management to build a new terminal, the MET – Montreal Metropolitan Airport will offer commercial flights to complement its current services.
The MET – Montreal Metropolitan Airport in detail
- Welcoming the first passengers in 2025
- 226,000 sq. ft. surface area / nine gates
- Maximum capacity of 4 million travellers per year
- Upcoming construction of a 130-room hotel
An airport concept adapted to the realities of today... and tomorrow
- Development aligned with the region’s communities and elected officials
- A model with limited noise and carbon footprints
- A place for aeronautic training and innovation
- A developmental priority for Quebec’s regions
Better noise management
- No high-capacity aircraft
- No commercial night flights
- Mufflers installed on flight school planes
- Implementation of the WebTrack transparency and complaint submission tool
An inclusive citizen approach
The MET – Montreal Metropolitan Airport was the topic of three public consultations in the past two years. The current project aligns with the majority of citizen wishes and aims to implement all the recommendations in the consultation report.
Thanks to the involvement of the stakeholders, the project is becoming a reality. The airport implemented a large regional forum supported by a series of work groups, featuring not only elected officials and airport authorities, but citizen and environmental groups, too. Developing the MET is everyone’s business, and the development roundtable is a powerful lever of transparency and co-creation.
Sustainable environmental awareness
- Intended for the most fuel-efficient aircraft on the market
- GHG emission assessment and commitment to a reduction plan
- Pending Airport Carbon Accreditation
- Planned implementation of a free electric shuttles linking the airport to downtown Montreal that will reduce the use of single-occupant car travel
- Numerous other initiatives will be announced shortly
Propelling aerospace innovation and green technologies
Our airports are strategic infrastructure with the potential to become multidisciplinary research centres.
We want the MET – Montreal Metropolitan Airport to be a driving force for advancing green technologies and a hub to attract key players in the aerospace industry. Our firm intention is to become an incubator for research and experimentation.
It’s an essential component of our commitment to the innovation community and ecosystem.